- For the great opportunity we had last Friday to share experiences and spend quality time with over 250 grandparents. Honoring our grandparents is a privilege and we look forward to next year’s celebration!
- For the positive participation of 11 ECA high school students in the Model United Nations at Universidad del Rosario (MUNUR 18) event last weekend. It was a great learning experience!
- For the good opportunity 7th and 8th graders had on October 31 serving at two Christian foundations: Hogar de Paz and El Puente. Our students worked with around 30 kids at each ministry playing games, doing crafts and science experiments, and sharing a skit and worship songs. Our students did an amazing job and it was great to be a blessing to those ministries. Keep praying for these daycare centers, that God would bless them and provide all they need as they serve the community around them.
- For good contacts made during Beth Afanador’s 3-week recruiting trip. We are thankful for the almost 100 possible teachers that asked to keep in contact, and we are now busy with follow-up with these interested educators. We are also thankful for the positive relations that were strengthened with university professors who have direct contact with education majors interested in teaching overseas.
- For the opportunity David Izquierdo (class of 2018) was given last week at La Sabana University to address the academic administration and fellow scholarship recipients and their families, representing all the 2018 recipients of the university’s Academic Excellence Scholarship at an awards ceremony. Also, El Camino Academy was recognized during this ceremony as an institution of excellence for the 3rd consecutive year. To read David’s address, click here.
- For our participation in CIFA Congreso Internacional de Familia in Medellin Thu-Sat, Nov 15-17. The main topics are challenges for today’s families, human and family identity, defense of the Christian family structure, and freedom of religion. If any ECA parents want to go but haven’t signed up, contact Community Care today, Tue, Nov 13.