- For a good beginning of the 2019-20 school year. We appreciate the 217 families who attended Opening Day, which is 85% of our families! We were also blessed with grandparents and alumni.
- For Rachel Frantz arriving to step into our high school science position! We are excited to have her here to challenge our 9th – 12th graders as they study physical science (chemistry/physics), biology, and chemistry.
- For Jenifer Sequeda Seguro being back at the YWAM base El Puente in Amazonas with all her medical procedures done, after being transported to Bogotá in an air ambulance a few weeks ago. Thank you for your prayers for this YWAM missionary whom we have worked with on our annual Amazon mission trip.
- For Jacobo García (1st grade) being back on the soccer field after his accident at home with a glass door. His surgery was successful and the Lord surely protected his life. He is still in therapy, but praise the Lord he didn’t have long-term consequences. His mother wrote:
Solo tenemos palabras de agradecimiento por el milagro que el Señor hizo en la vida de Jacobo. Dios es bueno y fiel. También queremos expresar nuestra gratitud con todas las familias ECA que nos respaldaron en oración! Gracias por estar pendientes de nosotros como familia y gracias por todas sus manifestaciones de amor! Jacobo está muy bien, gozando su regreso a clases, sin ninguna restricción. Aún continuamos en el proceso con terapias físicas en su pierna, pero sabemos que su restauración será perfecta cómo el diseño original de Dios! Bendiciones para todos!
- For Ric and Sharon Wiles who are wrapping up the sale of their house in Virginia, packing, saying their good-byes, and raising support in order to join our team the first week of September. Pray for them as they prepare to teach MS math and HS Bible.
- For Claudia Gamboa (Spanish teacher) who fractured her arm in a sports accident 3 weeks ago. Pray her bones heal well and that she will be ready to resume her responsibilities the last week of August here at ECA.
- As a Christian school, we support the efforts of many families, schools and organizations to celebrate the 10th of August as the National Day of Freedom to Educate. We pray for the Christian leaders who are working to assure our ability to teach biblical truths in our school.