- For the good attendance we had at our Parent Workshops and General Assembly. We had 219 people representing 140 families participating. There was very positive feedback about the content that was shared in the workshops.
- For the miracle the Lord did for Adriana Peñuela, a 4th grade mother who was diagnosed with lung cancer, with a 48-mm tumor. It has miraculously reduced in size to 7 mm! Let’s keep praying for the Hoyos Peñuela family and for Adriana’s full recovery.
- This is a key recruiting time and we need our whole ECA Community to join us in prayer for God to send the staff He wants to be on our team. Pray for the recruiting team as they contact interested teachers and administrators, answer questions, and creatively find doors to knock on to seek interested academic professionals. Pray for those who are interested, that they would follow God’s leading and not allow fear of the unknown, discouraging comments, or lack of trust in God’s faithfulness to stop them if this is where God wants them. Specific staff needs to focus on in prayer include
- Elementary and secondary principals
- 6 teachers to fill spots in PK-4th grades
- MS Bible, English/social studies, science
- HS science, math, Bible, English
- Learning Center or special education
- ELL professional
- For our construction process, as during these upcoming weeks we will be pouring the cement floor for our gym. Pray for protection from humidity, for safety for our workers, for excellent craftsmanship, and for efficiency in the use of our funds. Pray too for the $100 million pesos needed to cover this step in the construction.
- For the Canadian HS mission team serving in Bogotá Feb 9-19 from Three Hills, Alberta, a very small town in western Canada. Pray that they will BE a blessing to the many ECA-connected ministries where they will be serving, and that we will BE a blessing to them also. Pray that God will use their time in Colombia to open their eyes to global needs, and that these teens will return to Canada with God’s heart for Colombia. Pray that our students will learn much on our first Canada Day of this semester on Feb 11 when these young Canadians will be sharing about their country and culture with our PK-8th grade students.
- For our HS and MS students while they’re on their retreats this and the following week, both at Campamento Berea in Tenjo. For HS, be praying that God would be working in students’ hearts during this special time of focusing on what He wants for us! And for our 7th and 8th graders, pray for the T4:8 students who are leading the retreat, and that everyone will have a great time of spiritual growth.
- For our upcoming mission trips to Amazonas, Chocó, Cúcuta, Cumaral, Guajira, San José del Guaviare, and Sierra Nevada on April 11-17. Pray especially for the tense situation politically with Venezuela, and wisdom for logistics as the Cúcuta team aims to minister in this border city.