- For a successful 3rd annual Model United Nations at ECA (MUNECA), completely student-led. A big thank you to all the MUNECA elective students who poured themselves into this project and led fellow classmates in the analysis and debate of current and hypothetical events.
- Our 27 staff members who were able to participate in the OBED convention March 8-9 were blessed by the helpful information to be better educators and the inspiration to reflect Christ in our interactions with each other and our school community.
- The visit of 16 Canadians from Ontario was a blessing, not only for ECA, but also for many of the ministries we partner with. Their energy, passion, and servant hearts were an encouragement!
- For the CEDECOL (Confederación Evangelica de Colombia) General Assembly in Cartagena. ECA had the chance to participate in this annual general assembly on March 5-7. CEDECOL is inviting the Christian community in Colombia to work together as the body of Christ (I Corinthians 12:12-31), putting aside the differences that are not important, and investing in the things that bind us. The Christian community should be united in showing love to the most needy.
- For our Holy Week mission trips which begin in 3½ weeks! Over 80% of our high school students are participating in the trips to Amazonas, Chocó, Cúcuta, Cumaral, La Guajira, San José del Guaviare, and Sierra Nevada. We also have a team of 15 students who will be serving locally here in Bogotá. We encourage the entire ECA community to pray for all the teams to be safe and healthy, and for the Lord to use them in many ways.
We have conducted a security investigation for all the trips, and we have gotten a green light to move forward at this point, following certain precautions in some areas. We are being very cautious with plans, and are confident that our students are ready to go as Kingdom Expanders to share their love for the Lord.
- For our admissions team as they study each of the families who are applying. We are asking God to send us enough PK families to have two full PK classes in August.
- For the new teachers and staff we need next year. We are thankful that a HS English teacher accepted our invitation this past week, and we need others to fill these positions for 2019-20:
Elementary: Pre-K, Kinder, 1st, 2nd
Middle School: Bible, Language Arts/Social Studies, Science, Math
High School: Math, Bible, Science
Also: Music, Learning Center, Elementary and Secondary Principals,
- For the construction team as they finish installing the granite tile flooring on the 2nd floor and begin constructing the bathrooms.
- For the families who are struggling to pay their school bills. Pray for jobs for those without employment, for solutions and healing for difficult situations, for wisdom in financial decisions, for excellent stewardship of the resources each family has, and for miracles for those families needing them. Currently, around $300 million pesos are owed to ECA by families, as about 45 of them have gotten behind on their commitments this year. This obviously affects the school’s ability to move forward with construction at the planned rate, and to fulfill all our normal obligations.