- For the great time the 7th and 8th graders had at Campamento Berea in Tenjo mid-February on their 2-day retreat. They played fun, active, and messy games as well as learned why they should place their identity in Christ and not in the things of the world. Some of the high school T4:8 members led the retreat. Continue to pray that students would put into practice the things they learned.
- For the ability to use our new gym! Though there is still much to finish, we are grateful for the large covered area so that on rainy days we can enjoy PE and outdoor recess. It is also a great place for large meetings, and we look forward to having our Celebrate Colombia presentations in the gym.
- For the beautiful time alumni and staff had on Saturday playing soccer and hanging out together at school.
- For the needed teachers for next school year. At this time, we have 13 spots we need with 3 teachers currently filling out applications. Pray for wisdom for our team as we knock on doors, and for openness of hearts for those whom God is drawing to ECA.
- For the 2nd Canadian missions team that will be serving with us from March 8-17. This team is from northern Ontario and is from a church that supports ECA monthly. This is their first time to come to Bogotá, so pray that these high schoolers will learn lots as they serve.
- For our 29 staff members who will be participating in the OBED Christian Education convention on March 8-9. Pray for each one to learn new ideas to better serve at ECA, and for inspiration and motivation as we serve God here in our ECA community.
- For our 11th and 12th graders as they take the Saber y Pre-Saber tests on Sun, Mar 10, that the Lord would give them wisdom, confidence, and peace, and that they would remember well what they’ve studied.
- For the funds we need to finish the 2nd floor classrooms by July. Including furnishings, we are aiming for $600 million pesos. Pray with us for this miracle!
- For ECA and others participating in the CEDECOL General Assembly in Cartagena Tue-Thu, Mar 5-7. We look forward to encouraging pastors to motivate their youth to consider teaching as a professional option, and to protecting the family structure the way God established it.
- For God’s protection during the April 11-17 mission trips, and for the teams to adjust to last-minute changes, understanding that all things work for the good of those who love God.
If you are interested in donating to a specific team or person, donate at the cashier window or talk to the Director of Community Care for more information. The teams are: Amazonas, Chocó, Cúcuta, Cumaral, Guajira, San José del Guaviare, and Sierra Nevada.
- For Venezuela, its people, and its leaders to come to the feet of the Lord Jesus, and give Him the place that He deserves.