- For ¡Vive el español! on October 4. We had a special time enjoying different morning activities with MS/HS students and their grandparents, learning about such topics as democracy, school governance, the city of Bogotá, history, PRAE, etc.
- For the 60 secondary grandparents who came to ECA on October 4 to enjoy ¡Vive el español! with their grandkids, and share their stories and experiences. We look forward to our next Grandparents Day at the end of April!
- For Sol Izquierdo’s (school nurse) ongoing recovery. She’s doing much better and is back at school, but the recovery process is slow, she has inflammation, and her intestines are still quite painful. She greatly appreciates your prayers and support.
- For Isabella’s birth, daughter of Paul (PE) and Grace Kwon (math) on September 30. She’s now home after 5 days in the hospital.
- For the contacts Beth Afanador is making on her recruiting trip. She is about halfway through the time where she is visiting colleges and universities, speaking in education classes, and participating in recruiting fairs. Pray that God will move future ECA teachers to begin the application process for the 2020-21 school year. Pending events include:
- Tue, Oct 15 – Wheaton College ESL class, Moody Bible Institute and Trinity Christian University, all in or near Chicago, IL
- Wed, Oct 16 – Trinity International University and Judson University near Chicago, IL
- Thu, Oct 17 – Emmaus Bible College in Dubuque, IA and North Park University in Chicago, IL
- Tue, Oct 22 – Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, AZ
- Wed, Oct 23 – Montreat College and 2 interviews in NC
- Thu, Oct 24 – Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA
- Mon, Oct 28 – Dallas Baptist University in Dallas, TX
- Tue, Oct 29 – Baylor University in Waco, TX
- For the students selected to represent ECA at the Beth Shalom Word and Truth 2019 speech contest on Thu, Oct 24. They will tell stories, recite poetry, or preach the Word of God.
- For Esther Tinoco’s (cleaning) brother who is doing much better (praise the Lord!) but was still in the hospital with meningitis as of last Friday. Gratefully, he has been moved from ICU to a regular room, but his communicative skills are still affected. But we are “confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6