- For the 24 ECA students who participated in the Word and Truth 2019 speech contest at Beth Shalom last week. They competed by telling stories, reciting poetry, or preaching God’s Word. All deserve congratulations for participating, and those who placed are:
- For our Parent/Teacher Conferences almost 2 weeks ago. It was a great opportunity for parents and teachers to discuss areas of concern for our students. The spirit of the meetings was outstanding! Our students thrive at ECA when teachers and parents communicate and work together.
- For having had Juan Felipe Cechiaro at ECA for 3 years as the Director of Operations and Finance. We also thank him for all his contributions to ECA’s mission and vision. His last day was last Friday; may the Lord bless him in his new endeavor.
- For the election results. Let us be diligent to pray for those who will soon take their positions in the government. Pray for wisdom, discernment, and that they will seek the Lord’s will. Let’s remember 1 Timothy 2:1-2 – “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people–for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.”
- For answered prayer for Rosalla Gómez de Narváez, Sara Navráez’s (kinder) grandmother, who had surgery 2 weeks ago. The procedure was so risky that even the doctor wasn’t expecting good results, but the Lord blessed significantly. She was recently moved to ICU due to complications, so she still needs our prayers. Pray for wisdom for the doctors and staff as they work to locate the cause. Also, pray for the Lord’s comfort for the family during this difficult time.
- For Yonahatan Ochoa as he transitions into serving as the Interim Director of Operations & Finance position. Pray for the selection process as we seek the Lord’s will in who should fill this important position.
- For the contacts Beth Afanador made on her recruiting trip. Pray that God will move future ECA teachers to begin the application process for the 2020-21 school year.
- For Robbie Becker, Fundraising Coordinator, as he is on a fundraising trip in the U.S. from Nov 2–12. Pray that God would provide abundantly for ECA as he travels and meets with lots of people, for good connections with people, and for them to be encouraged by their time spent with Robbie.
- For the 7th and 8th graders who will be going on their service trip this Fri, Nov 1. The 8th graders will be going to El Puente and the 7th graders to Hogar de Paz. Pray that planning will go well and ECA students will have good communication with the kids at these locations.
- Keep Sol Izquierdo, our wonderful nurse, in your prayers. Doctors say it will be a long, slow recovery.
- For Esther Tinoco’s (housekeeping) brother Jesús – he is home now and has no fever, but he’s suffering from headaches and dizziness and is scheduled for an MRI. Pray for complete healing from this mysterious condition.
- On the upcoming International Day of Prayer, Sun, Nov 3, join the multitudes around the world praying and fasting specifically for the persecuted church. Pray also for ECA’s role in God’s plan to seek and save the lost.