- For the privilege we had of hosting the 24th OBED Christian school and educator convention March 5-7. We had close to 600 delegates representing about 50 schools spread all over Colombia. We are thankful for the solid attendance, the high-quality input in workshops and main sessions, and for the fantastic logistical ECA team that served so efficiently and with love.
- For Kerstin DeLeeuw from western Canada, a graduate of Prairie College who will be joining our MS Bible team in mid-March. We are excited to welcome Kerstin this 4th quarter.
- For Carrigan Fain from Birmingham, AL (a friend of our current HS science teacher), who will be stepping into our MS and HS PE classes to teach basketball this last quarter. We are glad that Carrigan was able to leave her substitute teaching job and step in to help us finish the year strong.
- For the connection our 5th and 6th grade students made with Jesus’ command to love one another at the retreat this past week. Pray that they would continue to deepen their understanding and live out John 13:34 – “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.”
- For our upcoming Mission Trips. In 2½ weeks, our HS students will be serving in five different places in the country. This is not only a great chance to learn new cultures but a great chance to serve the Lord and feed the hungry. The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for Me.’ Matthew 25:40 Pray for wisdom as we monitor travel and service situations.
- For our PK admissions team that will be making decisions on Sat, Mar 21 on the approximately 40 students who are applying to join our ECA student body in August. Pray for wisdom as many factors are considered. We are still low on PK applicants, so pray with us that God will send more families with 4-year-olds with the desired profile to join the upcoming PK class.
- For Robin Arvidsson, our HS Bible teacher, who will be returning to Sweden with his pregnant wife in late March. We are thankful for his faithful input this year and pray for God to continue to use him as he moves into a pastoral position in his home country.
- For Ric (MS PE and honors math) and Sharon (MS Bible) Wiles who will be returning to the USA in the next couple weeks. We are grateful for Ric and Sharon’s investment in our students this year and we pray that God will guide them in their next step as they return to Virginia. Pray especially for Sharon as she begins a series of medical tests and appointments to deal with some ongoing medical issues that she has been struggling with.
- For wisdom in dealing with the threat of the COVID-19 virus here in Colombia.
- Staff Needs for 2020-21 – We continue to pray for the following positions that need to be filled:
- 1 PK and 2 elementary teachers
- Secondary math, science, and social studies teachers
- Learning Center/special education and a PE teacher
- Recruiting assistant and Director of Development