- For Tori Flores, (former 6th grade teacher) as she married Andrés López on October 10. May the Lord bless the new couple as they spend the rest of their lives together.
- For the wedding of Eric Robinson (computers/yearbook/design elective) and Elizabeth Ramos (Class of 2010) on October 9. He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22
- For the smooth beginning of Phase II of our Hybrid Model. It is a joy to have students on campus again…we had almost 40 PK, Kinder and 1st grade students at school, around 30 students in our supervised learning program, and about 80 of our 5th-12th graders participated in our activities on the Friday half-day. School is a better place with our smiling students!
- For the recovery of Sarah Leonard’s mom after her brain aneurysm. She is back to normal and the family is grateful to see how God intervened!
- We are joyfully welcoming the staff members who have recently joined us in Colombia! After jumping through the logistical challenges of COVID testing, airline and government paperwork, and the normal stress of travel and transition, more of our teachers in Bogota are present to interact with students and other staff on campus.
- That Nicole Perez‘ (Teacher Aide, 1st) grandmother was released from the hospital after the many prayers raised on her behalf for her heart issues.
- For the beginning of our recruiting campaign for the 2021-22 school year. We are adjusting our methods due to the impact of COVID, and replacing traditional face-to-face recruiting fairs and college visits with new virtual tools. Pray for wisdom as we seek to connect with those teachers that God is leading to join us here at El Camino. Pray for creativity in reaching out, for clarity of communication, and for God’s Spirit to move to draw those He wants to join our ECA team. At this time, we are seeking at least ten new staff members.
- For the friends and family of our ECA alumnus Laura Moros (Class of 2008) who unexpectedly went to be with the Lord on October 11 after experiencing a blood clot that traveled to her heart. Laura’s warrior spirit, joyful and positive outlook, loyal friendship ties, and her love of life will be missed. Laura was teaching English at Universidad del Bosque and was known as an excellent teacher. Pray as her two brothers (both former ECA students) and her parents (mom Liliana served on our staff) will sense God’s comfort in an extraordinary way.
- For Charlotte Bard (Elementary Principal) as she is back home from the hospital. She is still in the process of managing her diabetes and keeping her blood levels stable, so keep her in your prayers.
- For Carolina Zamora (Colombian Program Assistant), as she continues struggling with her health and the chemotherapy. May the Lord bless her and strengthen her body and her faith in the Lord.
- For Oscar Gélves’ (Administrative Director) father’s health and for the doctors to find the best treatment for his father’s cancer recurrence.
- For the Cañas Medina family (Isabella in Pre-K and Juan Eduardo in 4th), as the mom, Laura Medina, recently started chemotherapy for cancer. Pray for strength, and wisdom for the medical professionals.
- For the Granados Guatibonza family (Gabriela, 5th), whose paternal grandfather went to be with the Lord recently. Pray for strength for the widow as she overcame COVID but begins a totally new chapter of life without her husband.
- For Glorifé Dávila (Accounting Assistant), whose family in Venezuela has been heavily impacted by COVID. Join us in praying for their protection and quick healing.
- For strength for Valentina Cordero’s (11th) family after losing a special uncle on October 12.