- For the time at the Open Houses for parents to connect with the ECA world.
- For the first Parent Council meeting of 2020-21 we had last week with 38 families participating. They all received a warm welcome by Mrs. Afanador, and useful training about Parent Rep responsibilities by Yolanda Cardozo. They selected Sandra Milena López Pabón and Astrid Álvarez Gómez, parent reps from 3rd grade, to represent the Parent Council on the Directive Council, and also ratified the Parent Council Coordinating Committee for this school year. They even created five working subcommittees: prayer, events, communication, projects, and finance.
- For the Lord’s merciful and miraculous intervention in 7th grader Samuel Salazar Gaviria’s life. His family, John, Natalia, and 10th grader Daniel, thanks the entire ECA community for prayerful support during the hospitalization. Samuel’s recovery was supernatural. He experienced a personal encounter with his Father, which has resulted in giving him a great purpose for his life.
- Congratulations to Jenna Shallcross (HS English) on her engagement to CJ, a missionary passionate about serving missionary kids and their families, who is serving at Black Forest Academy, a sister ACSI school in Germany. They plan to wed in July, after which Jenna will join CJ in Germany.
- For the two newest staff the Lord sent us: Isabel Fernández who has joined our Spanish team, teaching our foreign students, and Sarah Amado who is a Kinder teacher aide.
- For God’s mercy toward Juan Marcos Prpich, former ECA parent, who is home after almost a month in the hospital fighting COVID! Pray for the long recovery process.
- For the 10 visas we have already received for our teachers! Keep praying for the other 3 visas that are pending approval.
- For wisdom for our ECA leadership team who receives information from various sources about starting classes on campus. Pray we can sort through the sometimes conflicting data to make the best decisions for our ECA community.
- For wisdom for our out-of-the-country staff as they plan their travel to come to Bogotá, ready to give classes on-site when the government allows that.
- For Spanish teachers Carolina Rico and her husband Henry Piñeros as they seek to support Carolina’s mom as she struggles with cancer. She is in a lot of pain. Pray for wisdom for the medical team, and peace for Carolina’s mom and the whole family.
- For Angela Vargas as she takes care of her mother who has trochanteritis, a painful hip condition that makes mobility difficult.
- For Rocío Escobar’s mother, as her brain is still inflamed and she has not recovered all her speech and walking abilities. She has improved a lot, but keep praying for full recovery, and for strength and wisdom for her family.
- For Sarah Leonard’s mom Helen, who is recovering from a brain aneurysm in mid-August. She’s out of ICU, but will continue to be hospitalized and take CT scans and meds as preventative care, plus occupational and physical therapy. Pray that the Lord will restore her cognitive and motor functions, and pray for Sarah and Ben as they support the family during this time.
- For Juan Martín Ortiz Galvis (PreK-B) who is having some neurological tests. His parents Carlos and Diana and older sister Luciana (4th grade) ask for prayer that the results would come back completely normal.
- For Mark Cooper, the MS Bible teacher and chaplain last year, who recently tested positive for COVID, but seems to have a mild case. We praise the Lord that his elderly parents tested negative after he spent a couple of days with them, not knowing he was carrying the virus.
- For Carolina Zamora who has been doing better some days, though she still has a lot of pain. Her 8th chemotherapy session last Thursday was difficult. Continue praying for God’s miraculous touch and for her full recovery.