- For the OBED Christian teachers/administrators convention that was held this past Fri-Sat with close to 800 paid participants and over 2,000 connected from all over Colombia and Latin America. With the theme of preparing our students for the world ahead of them, multiple top-notch speakers challenged our Colombian teachers in the important task of investing in our students to develop a biblical worldview as they face tremendous moral challenges that are shaking institutions and Christian values worldwide.
- For the generosity of our ECA families and staff as they blessed Carolina Zamora’s family so they can take a vacation on the coast during the long weekend in March. We are glad that the Puerto family can begin making positive memories together after the long year supporting their mom/wife with her battle against cancer.
- That Matthew Runck accepted the offer to be our HS social studies teacher next school year! Matthew comes from Minneapolis, MN and has over 7 years of teaching experience, mostly with ESL students. He did some of his teaching in Alaska so Bogota will be quite a change!
- For Nicole Pérez, our 1st grade teacher aide, as she leaves ECA for the rest of this school year to complete a practicum for her teacher education program. Pray for wisdom, creativity, and connection as she virtually teaches a group of students in a public school in Saboyá, Boyacá.
- For our staff team for 2021-22. We still need:
- 9 elementary teachers
- HS science and math
- Learning center/special education specialist
- For fEaster, an event to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus with secondary students on March 26. They will enjoy a picnic lunch, followed by a special invitation to make a clear decision to follow Christ more closely. High school students will have the opportunity to glorify the Lord’s name with their talents in music, art, and writing.
- For Zoad Bendeck, mother of Sofía (12th) and Samuel (6th) Beltrán. Keep praying that the current treatment for her degenerative autoimmune disease will have positive effects on her body, that the pain will decrease, and that the disease’s progress can be stopped. Remember to also pray for economic provision for the family, and for spiritual strength and fidelity to the Lord in the midst of this tribulation, for her and her husband and children.
- For all the ECA families who have been financially affected in the last year. Some families are really struggling to finish the 2020-21 school year with no debt. Pray for wisdom, provision, and jobs for those who have lost them. Also pray that the Lord would keep these families together, growing stronger in Him.