Praise the Lord . . .
- About 50 of our ECA academic staff gathered for a delicious ajiaco lunch, hike, devotions and a few words and prizes in a beautiful eco-zone in Tabio to celebrate Teacher’s Day. During such a challenging year, it was special to celebrate what God has done and to enjoy the beauty of God’s natural world.
- For the PIN Parental Workshop on May 12 with Maria Carolina Ortegón. The Parent Council thanks the 90+ families who participated. Click here to view a PDF of the presentation.
- For the 24-hour parent prayer meeting that the Parent Council Coordinating Committee organized starting on May 7 at 6:00am. A big thank you to the 62 families who joined the prayer link online and those who reported praying offline as well.
- For Andrew, brother of MS Bible teacher Tasha Moyer, who was diagnosed with Meckle’s and is now feeling better after surgery. Continue praying that the medical team would have wisdom and that the Lord would heal him completely.
- For our 21 seniors who graduate in June and who are working through options for the next chapter in their lives. Pray they can finish well academically, emotionally, and spiritually, and pray that each of the end-of-year events will be a special time to honor them and to give God glory for what He has done in their lives. Pray for a time of celebration and joy as the group shares together at their Senior Appreciation Chapel, the 3-day Senior Retreat in Apulo, at graduation, and at the final banquet. Pray that God will help each one end this ECA experience well!
- For the difficult situations those in Colombia are experiencing now. We pray that the Lord´s name will be glorified in spite of the violence and vandalism, the roadblocks and protests, COVID, and all the other situations that our families are facing. We pray for wisdom and excellent communication skills for those in authority and those desiring changes.
- Pray for the needed ECA staff for the 2021-22 school year. An asterisk means an application is in process.
- Kindergarten, 1st*, 2nd*, 3rd*, 4th
- 5th*, MS math/computers
- HS math, science, English, Bible
- Art, music, Learning Center/special ed*
- MS and HS* principals
- For the more than 10% of ECA families who continue to struggle financially. Pray for wisdom, provision, and jobs for those who have lost them, and that the Lord would keep these families together, growing stronger in Him.
- For DiAnne Cooper, the English teacher who planned to join us for the 2021-22 school year. Due to her recently discovered breast cancer, it is highly unlikely she will be able to join our team as planned. Pray for strength, peace, and wisdom as she begins chemotherapy and prepares for a likely operation.
- For the following ECA community members who continue fighting COVID or its side effects:
- Federico Sánchez (11th) and his mom, Patricia Cadena
- Henry Pabón, father of Felipe (4th) and Juan (6th)
- Daniel Álvarez, father of Samuel (6th)