El Camino Academy is a Christ-centered educational community biblically equipping bilingual servant leaders to transform their world.
- Provide a Bible-centered education primarily in English, using a U.S. curriculum that meets Colombian and U.S. educational requirements
- Foster spiritual growth within the educational community by promoting vibrant personal relationships with God
- Influence students and the community through modeling Christ-likeness and discipling intentionally
- Encourage participation in service and mission opportunities
Training for life
- All staff are born-again/evangelical Christians with a commitment to living out Biblical values.
- ECA seeks North American missionary administrators and teachers to teach the U.S. curriculum, lead the school academically, and disciple students.
- Parents are responsible for raising and educating their children; ECA supports them in their God-given role.
- All families must want a Christ-centered education, and at least one parent must be a committed Christian active in an evangelical church.
- ECA was formed to serve international evangelical missionary families and continues to strive to meet their unique needs.
- ECA seeks excellence not only academically, but also in the areas of spiritual and character formation, service, and leadership development.
- ECA keeps a low student/teacher ratio in order to give personalized attention and to maximize the development of individual gifts.
- ECA encourages healthy relationships characterized by honest and loving communication and a servant heart.
- ECA values the multicultural environment and seeks to help all members grow in sensitivity as we serve together.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God and is divinely inspired, without error in the original manuscripts, and authoritative in matters of fact, faith, and practice.
- We believe in one God, eternal and holy, existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, who was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. We believe in His sacrificial and substitutionary death on the cross as the means of reconciling man to God, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father. We await His personal, future second coming in power and glory.
- We believe that by nature man is a sinner and as such is in need of salvation. Without Christ, man is doomed to eternal punishment and separation from God.
- We believe that salvation is exclusively by grace through faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ. It is a free gift from God that leads to repentance from sin and results in a personal and vibrant relationship with God.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit through whom the Christian can live a holy and upright life in service to God and man.
- We believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and eternal life.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of the Church, the Body of Christ, which exists among all who have put their faith in Him.