Parent Council / Consejo de padres
The Parent Council consists of one to three parent representatives per grade. Its purpose is to encourage parent participation in the educational process, positive two-way communication between parents and the school, and quality school services. In the August parent assembly, the Parent Council is chosen, based on previous nominations.
El consejo de padres está integrado por mínimo uno y máximo tres padres de familia por cada curso que ofrezca el establecimiento educativo. Su función es motivar la participación de los padres en el proceso educativo, la comunicación positiva recíproca entre los padres y el colegio y servicios de calidad en el colegio. En la reunión de la asamblea de padres de familia de agosto se elige el consejo de padres, previa postulación.
- Promote interaction and fellowship among the parents
- Mobilize families to pray for ECA teachers and give them moral support and practical help
- Motivate parents to grow in their role as active participants in their child’s development
- Provide educational/recreational opportunities not available in the regular curriculum
- Electing two representatives to the Directive Council in the August Parent Council meeting, complying with Colombian law
- Encouraging parental involvement in ECA events, including PTF activities and fundraising projects
- Coordinating a minimum of one parent prayer meeting per semester where the focus is prayer and sharing issues pertaining to their specific class and ECA
- Ensuring that appropriate issues are discussed in class prayer meetings
- Being a communication channel between parents and ECA and ensuring that concerns are directed to the appropriate authority. All communication should be based on Biblical principles (Matthew 18).
- Serving as the contact point for the teacher – someone s/he can call for support and/or practical help
- Spending time with the teacher outside of school and encouraging other families to do the same
- Celebrating the teacher’s birthday in elementary and when possible in secondary
- Coordinating parental involvement per teacher request
- Attending three Parent Council breakfasts (August, January, and May) to share ideas, pray, and receive input on school events and needs
The Parent Council Coordinating Committee consists of volunteer parents and designated members of the administration. Its purpose is to support the Parent Council by organizing activities and projects. In the first Parent Council meeting, the Coordinating Committee is ratified and the president, secretary, and treasurer are designated.
El comité coordinador del consejo de padres está compuesto por los padres que se han ofrecido voluntariamente y los miembros designados por la administración. El propósito es prestar apoyo al consejo de padres organizando actividades y proyectos. En la primera reunión del consejo de padres, se ratifica el comité coordinador y se designan el presidente, el secretario y el tesorero.
- Back-to-School Picnic in August
- Open House in September
- Biannual Parent Assemblies
- Parent Educational Workshops throughout the year